Call it Karma, call it Paying It Forward, call it Doing Unto Others, call it whatever you like, but doing nice or helpful things for other people will always come back to you eventually.
Now, that is not to say that you need to do for others while neglecting yourself or your family or your company! You don’t have to “give til it hurts.”
Often, it is the little things that count.
- Holding the door for a woman whose hands are full with coffee and a briefcase
- Getting someone a condolence card after the loss of a pet
- Offering to take “the new guy” to lunch and showing him the good places to eat
- Sending a newspaper article to a co-worker about their personal hobby
- Enquiring after a sick relative
- Recommending a great printer to them – www.curryprint.com
These small good deeds cost very little, if anything, but can mean the world to the recipient. Think how good you feel when someone does you a good turn!
Even if the good you do for others doesn’t come back to you immediately or obviously, what you are doing is planting the seeds of positive actions all around you. At some point, depending on the germination period, you too will have good done for you.
A caveat…you should concentrate your “goodness” on those whom you feel are deserving of it for specific qualities or circumstances that mean something to you. In that way, it is a fair trade.
Let your garden grow!
Paula Smith / Paula@curryprint.com / Office: 410.685.2679
You can also … connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter!