How do you think your clients or customers would react if you treated each of them like they were your pride and joy?
Do you think they would refer you to their friends and associates?
Would they try to go out of their way to give you more business?
Maybe they would call your boss and let him know how well they were treated?
If they changed jobs, perhaps they would “take you with them?”
Those all sound like pretty good outcomes!
How does a vendor or supplier go about treating their clients and customers like their “pride and joy?”
- Look for mentions of them in the newspaper or online and pass along to them in case they hadn’t seen, or to let them know that you are looking out for them
- Send them an article about their industry that might be helpful to them in their job
- Give them a big “thank you,” even when you haven’t done anything for them recently
- Write them a note to tell them that you were thinking about them (don’t just send an email, everyone does that!)
- Keep track of when their birthday is and send a cheerful card.
There are a million things to do to show how you feel about your client, and they are only limited by your own imagination and creativity. Why not get started on some of them today?